- 1-1/4 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 cups frozen strawberries (no sugar added)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon frozen orange juice concentrate
- Extra strawberries for garnish
- Few sprigs fresh mint (optional)
- In a blender or a food processor fitted with a metal blade, place yogurt, ricotta, strawberries, vanilla and orange juice; process until smooth.
- Spoon into parfait glasses and garnish with berries and a mint sprig, if desired. Serve at once.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1 grams
Sodium: 72 milligrams
Cholesterol: 6 milligrams
Protein: 5 grams
Carbohydrates: 13 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1/2 Milk, 1/2 Fruit
Source: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine
Book Title: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.