- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced scallion, white and green parts
- 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. grated orange zest
- Freshly ground pepper, preferably white, to taste
- 4 (4-oz.) pieces tilapia or other mild, flaky white fish
- Preheat the broiler.
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Mix in scallions to coat them with oil. Add ginger, sugar and salt. Cook, stirring until sugar dissolves and scallions are tender but still bright green, 3-4 minutes. Off the heat, mix in the zest. Season sauce generously with pepper. Set skillet aside so it keeps warm while the fish cooks.
- Arrange fish on baking sheet and coat with cooking spray. Season fish lightly with salt and ground pepper. Broil until fish is opaque in the center at the thickest point, about 6 minutes. Divide fish among four dinner plates. Top each piece with one-fourth of the sauce. Serve immediately.
Contains 1g saturated fat and 1g dietary fiber.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 9 grams
Sodium: 210 milligrams
Protein: 23 grams
Carbohydrates: 3 grams
3 Lean Meat, 1/2 Vegetable
Recipe and image appear courtesy of American Institute for Cancer Research.