- 1 box uncooked Dreamfields Spaghetti
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 7 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes, drained (reserve liquid)
- 15 Kalamata or black olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 4 anchovy fillets, finely chopped (optional)
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained (optional)
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to pan.
- Meanwhile, heat half of olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add half of chicken pieces. Cook about 5 minutes, until chicken is cooked through, stirring frequently. Remove chicken from skillet. Repeat with remaining oil and chicken. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add garlic to skillet. Cook 1 to 2 minutes until golden, watching carefully so garlic does not burn. Once garlic begins to turn golden, add tomatoes. Cook 2 minutes; stir in olives, anchovies, capers, tomato puree and red pepper flakes. Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Return chicken to skillet; heat through. Add spaghetti, toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper as desired. If sauce is too thick, add all or part of the reserved tomato liquid until sauce is desired consistency.
Video Available: Watch Chef Jim Coleman prepare this recipe
Recipe Yield: Makes 6 main dish servings.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Calories from fat: 55
Fat: 23 grams
Saturated Fat: 4 grams
Fiber: 8 grams
Sodium: 475 milligrams
Cholesterol: 74 milligrams
Protein: 30 grams
Carbohydrates: 0 grams