- 4 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, sliced
- 1 package (12 ounces) pitted prunes
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients, except lemon juice, in large saucepan and heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes longer or until most of liquid is absorbed and fruit is tender. Remove from heat and add lemon juice. Beat with electric mixer on high speed until smooth.
- Serve warm or transfer to storage container, cover, and store in refrigerator. Will keep for about 3 weeks.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 64 Servings``Serving Size: 1 tablespoon each
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 0.1 grams
Protein: 0.2 grams
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Source: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.