- 3 large eggs, slightly beaten, or 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, salt, and nutmeg. Slowly stir in the milk and vanilla.
- Pour 1/2 cup of custard into each of six 5-ounce custard cups. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Set the filled custard cups in a shallow pan. Pour about 1 inch of hot water in the pan around the custard cups.
- Bake on the center rack of the oven for 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the custard comes out clean. Serve hot, warm, or chilled.
Recipe Yield: Makes: 3 cups (6 servings)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Sodium: 171 milligrams
Cholesterol: 108 milligrams
Protein: 6 grams
Carbohydrates: 8 grams
Sugars: 8 grams
1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1/2 Medium-Fat Meat
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.