- 1-1/3 cups gingersnap crumbs
- 3 tablespoons Equal Spoonful or Granulated*
- 3 tablespoons stick butter or margarine, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Equal Spoonful or Granulated**
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- Additional grated orange peel (optional)
* May substitute 4-1/2 packets Equal sweetener
** May Substitute 24 packets Equal sweetener
- For Crust, combine gingersnap crumbs, 3 tablespoons Equal® and melted butter. Reserve 2 tablespoons crumb mixture. Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Bake in preheated 325° F oven 8 minutes. Cool on wire rack while preparing cheesecake.
- For Cheesecake, beat cream cheese and 1 cup Equal® in mixing bowl on medium speed of mixer until smooth and well combined. Mix in eggs, egg whites, cornstarch and salt. Fold in sour cream and vanilla until combined. Gently stir in cranberries and orange peel.
- Pour batter over baked crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake in preheated oven 45 to 50 minutes or until center of cake is almost set. Cool on wire rack. Gently run metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake. Let cheesecake cool completely. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving. To serve, remove side of pan. Garnish top of cheesecake with grated orange peel, if desired. Cut cake into wedges.
Chopped fresh cranberries, grated orange peel and the tang of gingersnaps make this a festive looking and delicious cheesecake variation.
Content Continues Below ⤵
Recipe Yield: Serves: 16
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 13 grams
Sodium: 268 milligrams
Cholesterol: 62 milligrams
Protein: 7 grams
Carbohydrates: 13 grams
1 milk, 2-1/2 fat
Source: Equal ®
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.