- 2 cups pitted, sweet cherries
- 2 T sugar
- 2 T water
- Pinch of salt (1/8 tsp)
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated lemon rind
- 1 T Kirsch (or 1 tsp cherry flavoring)
- Place cherries, sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Simmer for 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the cherries and set aside.
- Dissolve the 2 T cornstarch in 2 T cold water. Bring the syrup to a boil and stir the cornstarch mixture into the boiling juice, stirring as it thickens. Add salt, lemon juice, lemon rind, and Kirsch. Cook, stirring occasionally for 7 minutes.
- Return the cherries to the syrup and cook for 3 minutes more. Remove from heat and pour into a sterile jar. Syrup may be stored for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
Recipe Yield: Prep Time: 15 Minutes - Cost: $``Servings: 2 cups (1 tbsp per serving) - Difficulty Level: 3
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Sodium: 22 miligrams
Carbohydrates: 10 grams
Source: Cinnamon Hearts Newsletter
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.