- 8 ounces small new potatoes, halved
- 2-1/2 cups cut fresh green beans
- 1/2 cup light olive oil vinaigrette salad dressing
- 8 cups torn romaine, Boston, or Bibb lettuce
- 4 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 12-ounce can albacore tuna in water, drained
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 16 cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- Place the potatoes in a 2-quart pot and cover with water. Boil for about 12 minutes, until tender. Remove the potatoes with a slotted spoon, rinse with cool water, and set aside.
- Add the green beans to the pot and boil for about 3 minutes, until crisp-tender. Rinse the beans with cool water and drain well. (You can cook the potatoes and beans the day before and refrigerate until ready to assemble the salads.)
- When ready to assemble the salads, slice the potatoes 1/4-inch thick and place in a bowl with green beans. Add 1/4 cup of the salad dressing and toss to mix. Set aside.
- Arrange a quarter of the lettuce over the bottom of each of four serving plates and top with a quarter of the onion rings.
- Arrange the center of each salad and drizzle each salad with a tablespoon of the remaining dressing. Arrange a quarter of the potato mixture and 4 tomatoes around the outer edges of each plate and top with a sprinkling of olives. Serve immediately.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings``Serving size: 1/4 of recipe
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 12 grams
Sodium: 680 milligrams
Cholesterol: 214 milligrams
Protein: 37 grams
Carbohydrates: 29 grams
3 Very Lean Meat, 3 Vegetable, 1 Starch, 2 Fat
Content Continues Below ⤵
Source: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan
Book Title: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.