- 8 ounces small new potatoes, halved
- 2-1/2 cups cut fresh green beans
- 1/2 cup light olive oil vinaigrette salad dressing
- 8 cups torn romaine, Boston, or Bibb lettuce
- 4 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 12-ounce can albacore tuna in water, drained
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 16 cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- Place the potatoes in a 2-quart pot and cover with water. Boil for about 12 minutes, until tender. Remove the potatoes with a slotted spoon, rinse with cool water, and set aside.
- Add the green beans to the pot and boil for about 3 minutes, until crisp-tender. Rinse the beans with cool water and drain well. (You can cook the potatoes and beans the day before and refrigerate until ready to assemble the salads.)
- When ready to assemble the salads, slice the potatoes 1/4-inch thick and place in a bowl with green beans. Add 1/4 cup of the salad dressing and toss to mix. Set aside.
- Arrange a quarter of the lettuce over the bottom of each of four serving plates and top with a quarter of the onion rings.
- Arrange the center of each salad and drizzle each salad with a tablespoon of the remaining dressing. Arrange a quarter of the potato mixture and 4 tomatoes around the outer edges of each plate and top with a sprinkling of olives. Serve immediately.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings``Serving size: 1/4 of recipe
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 12 grams
Sodium: 680 milligrams
Cholesterol: 214 milligrams
Protein: 37 grams
Carbohydrates: 29 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
3 Very Lean Meat, 3 Vegetable, 1 Starch, 2 Fat
Source: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan
Book Title: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan