Here’s an exciting chicken recipe to serve for lunch or dinner. The tomato-bean salad offers a fantastic way to include lima beans in your diet. Lima beans a good source of fiber, which helps prevent spikes in blood sugar levels. Lima beans are also a good source of iron, providing almost 25% of the recommended daily amount per cup, along with about 15 grams of protein.
Recipe Yield: 4
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds chicken thighs
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, diced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup red cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons pickling spices
- 2 teaspoons plus 1/8 tsp salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1-1/2 cup lima beans, cooked in water for 4 minutes, then drained and cooled
- 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Content Continues Below ⤵
- Combine yogurt, ginger, curry powder and lime juice.
- Add chicken thighs and turn to coat with yogurt mixture. Allow to marinate in refrigerator 1 to 4 hours.
- In small saucepan, combine vinegar and water; add pickling spices, 1/8 teaspoon salt, sugar, red pepper flakes and celery seed. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Place lima beans, tomatoes and onion in container. Using a fine mesh sieve, pour the warm vinegar mixture through it and into the vegetable mixture. Add cilantro. Cover and chill at least 1 hour and up to 2 days.
- Prepare grill or broiler.
- Remove chicken from marinade, draining excess, and discard remaining marinade. Season thighs on both sides with remaining teaspoon salt.
- Place chicken on grill or under broiler to sear. Turn over once until well browned, cooking for a total of 6-8 minutes. Continue to cook chicken, turning to avoid burning. Grill or broil chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 170F, about another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, place about 1/3 cup salsa on each plate and place a grilled thigh next to the salsa.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 19 grams
Saturated Fat: 5 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Sodium: 471 milligrams
Protein: 33 grams
Carbohydrates: 24 grams
Sugars: 10 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.