- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons Dutch cocoa powder
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet or jellyroll pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the butter, Splenda Granulated Sweetener, sugar, vanilla and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Mix, using the paddle attachment of an electric mixer until the mixture is light and creamy (approx. 1-1 1/2 minutes). Add cocoa powder and all the flour. Mix until just blended.
- Remove dough from bowl and form into a ball. Place the ball of dough on the parchment lined pan. Roll the dough into a rectangle approx. 6 1/2 inches wide by 11 inches long and 1/4 inch thick. Pierce the surface of the dough with a fork all over. This allows the air to escape during baking preventing air pockets from forming.
- Bake in preheated 375 degrees F oven 20-25 minutes, rotating the pan after 10 minutes of baking. Remove shortbread from oven after 20-25 minutes and immediately cut into 24 fingers or rectangles while the shortbread is still warm. If allowed to cool, shortbread will not slice well.
A cookie that is quite simply – heavenly!
Recipe Yield: Yield: 24 servingsServing size: 1 cookie
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8 grams
Saturated Fat: 5 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 25 milligrams
Cholesterol: 20 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 10 grams
Sugars: 2 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of Splenda.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.