- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons Dutch cocoa powder
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet or jellyroll pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the butter, Splenda Granulated Sweetener, sugar, vanilla and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Mix, using the paddle attachment of an electric mixer until the mixture is light and creamy (approx. 1-1 1/2 minutes). Add cocoa powder and all the flour. Mix until just blended.
- Remove dough from bowl and form into a ball. Place the ball of dough on the parchment lined pan. Roll the dough into a rectangle approx. 6 1/2 inches wide by 11 inches long and 1/4 inch thick. Pierce the surface of the dough with a fork all over. This allows the air to escape during baking preventing air pockets from forming.
- Bake in preheated 375 degrees F oven 20-25 minutes, rotating the pan after 10 minutes of baking. Remove shortbread from oven after 20-25 minutes and immediately cut into 24 fingers or rectangles while the shortbread is still warm. If allowed to cool, shortbread will not slice well.
A cookie that is quite simply – heavenly!
Recipe Yield: Yield: 24 servingsServing size: 1 cookie
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8 grams
Saturated Fat: 5 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 25 milligrams
Cholesterol: 20 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 10 grams
Sugars: 2 grams