- 4 ounces ham, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 3 cups peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, coarsely chopped plus sprigs for garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, coarsely chopped , plus sprigs for garnish
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a medium saucepan of well-salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the peas and cook until tender, 3 to 8 minutes depending on the size of the peas.
- Drain the peas, reserving 2 tablespoons of the cooking water. Return the peas and cooking water to the saucepan. Add the ham, butter, mint, and tarragon, stirring until the butter melts. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a bowl, garnish with the mint and tarragon sprigs, and serve.
Recipe Yield: Yield: Serves 4 to 6
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Fiber: 6 grams
Sodium: 85 milligrams
Cholesterol: 30 milligrams
Protein: 11 grams
Carbohydrates: 15 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of the National Pork Board.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.