- 12 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup canned whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chili sauce (look for lowest sodium version)
- 1-1/2 cup green bell pepper, rinsed and chopped
- 1-1/2 cup celery, rinsed and chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced (about 2–3 cloves)
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Spray saute pan with cooking spray. Preheat over high heat.
- Cook chicken in hot saute pan, stirring for 3–5 minutes. Reduce heat.
- Add tomatoes with juice, chili sauce, green pepper, celery, onion, garlic, basil, parsley, crushed red pepper, and salt. Bring to boil over high heat, and then reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings (1-1/2 cups per serving)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Saturated Fat: 1 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Sodium: 383 milligrams
Cholesterol: 73 milligrams
Protein: 30 grams
Carbohydrates: 30 grams