- 2 pounds boneless pork chops, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons dried red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 24 6-inch wooden skewers, (soak in water for 30 minutes before using)
- Place pork cubes in resealable plastic bag; add salad dressing, red pepper flakes and fennel seed. Seal bag; refrigerate for at least 1 hour to overnight to marinate pork.
- When ready to cook, thread pork, peppers and onion on skewers. Discard marinade.
- Place kabobs on greased broiler pan and broil 5 inches from heat, or grill over medium-hot coals, for about 5 minutes per side.
Make these quick and easy, spicy Italian kabobs to kick-off your tailgate. Great for a game day appetizer party. If tailgating at the stadium, thread pork and vegetables on skewers at home, and store in plastic containers in a portable cooler until ready to grill.
Recipe Yield: Makes 24 appetizers.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 135 milligrams
Cholesterol: 25 milligrams
Protein: 9 grams
Carbohydrates: 2 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of the National Pork Board.