- 1-1/4 pounds ground chicken
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions (including some green), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons dark Asian sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) shredded coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- Combine chicken, 2 cloves garlic, green onions, 2 teaspoons ginger, half of water chestnuts, 2 teaspoons sesame oil, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, hoisin sauce, 3/4 teaspoon salt and pepper in a medium- size bowl. Shape into patties.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons sesame oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties and cook 4 minutes per side or until internal temperature registers 165 degrees F on an instant thermometer. Remove to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Add remaining garlic, water chestnuts, soy sauce and salt to skillet, along with coleslaw mix. Cook over medium-high heat 7 minutes. Add broth, cover and cook 3 minutes or until tender. Serve slaw alongside patties.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 4
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 16 grams
Sodium: 579 milligrams
Protein: 32 grams
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
3 Low-Fat Meat; 2 Fat
Source: Family Circle's "All-time Favorite Recipes"
Book Title: Family Circle's "All-time Favorite Recipes"