- 2-1/2 cups pitted sweet cherries (thawed and patted dry, if frozen)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup Splenda Sugar Blend
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange peel
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat 9-inch pie pan with non-stick cooking spray and arrange cherries in bottom of pan.
- In bowl of electric mixer, beat eggs, egg whites, and Splenda Sugar Blend on medium speed 2 minutes, or until light and frothy. Beat in milk and vanilla. Using a spoon, stir in orange peel, flour, and salt until combined. Pour batter over cherries.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until puffy and golden. Remove to wire rack for 15 minutes, then cut into 8 wedges.
Clafouti offers the perfect way to highlight seasonal fruit. This recipe features an easy cake batter, fragrant with grated orange peel, and baked over fresh sweet cherries.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 servingsServing Size: 1 slice
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Saturated Fat: 0.5 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 100 milligrams
Cholesterol: 55 milligrams
Protein: 5 grams
Carbohydrates: 25 grams
Sugars: 26 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.