- 2-1/2 cups pitted sweet cherries (thawed and patted dry, if frozen)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup Splenda Sugar Blend
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange peel
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat 9-inch pie pan with non-stick cooking spray and arrange cherries in bottom of pan.
- In bowl of electric mixer, beat eggs, egg whites, and Splenda Sugar Blend on medium speed 2 minutes, or until light and frothy. Beat in milk and vanilla. Using a spoon, stir in orange peel, flour, and salt until combined. Pour batter over cherries.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until puffy and golden. Remove to wire rack for 15 minutes, then cut into 8 wedges.
Clafouti offers the perfect way to highlight seasonal fruit. This recipe features an easy cake batter, fragrant with grated orange peel, and baked over fresh sweet cherries.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 servingsServing Size: 1 slice
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Saturated Fat: 0.5 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 100 miligrams
Cholesterol: 55 miligrams
Protein: 5 grams
Carbohydrates: 25 grams
Sugars: 26 grams
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.