- 1-1/2 Tbsp canola oil, divided (20 mL)
- 1 cup thinly sliced green bell pepper (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion (125 mL)
- 1/2 pkg (8 oz/225 g) sliced mushrooms
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pkg (13.8 oz/ 391 g) focaccia-style, refrigerated pizza dough
- 1/4 tsp dried red pepper flakes (1 mL)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves (125 mL)
- 2 small plum tomatoes, cut into 12 rounds total
- 1/2 cup (2 oz/55 g) shredded part-skim mozzarella (125 mL)
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese (30 mL)
- 16 pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C). Heat 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and onions; cook 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook 2 minutes, using two utensils to stir easily. Add garlic, cook 15 seconds and set aside.
- On baking sheet, drizzle remaining 1/2 Tbsp (7 mL) canola oil. Use fingertips to spread oil evenly. Unroll dough onto baking sheet and shape into an 11 x 8 inch rectangle. Top dough with pepper flakes and mushroom mixture, spooning as close to edges as possible. Top with basil and arrange tomatoes in 12 even sections.
- Bake 12 minutes. Sprinkle evenly with mozzarella. Bake 6 more minutes or until deep golden on edges. Top with Parmesan and sprinkle evenly with olives. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- When serving, cut into 12 squares, and then cut each square in half diagonally to make 24 pieces total.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 12 servings.Serving size: 2 pieces.
Content Continues Below ⤵
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4.5 grams
Saturated Fat: 1 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 320 milligrams
Cholesterol: 5 milligrams
Protein: 5 grams
Carbohydrates: 18 grams
Source: "The Heart-Smart Diabetes Kitchen: Fresh, Fast and Flavorful Recipes Made with Canola Oil" from the American Diabetes Association and CanolaInfo
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.