- 1 box Dreamfields Elbows or Penne Rigate
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 to 2 jalapeno chiles, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 cup tomato salsa
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again. In large serving bowl combine pasta, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, avocado, cilantro and jalapeo.
- For dressing, in small bowl whisk together mayonnaise, salsa, lime juice and salt. Add to pasta mixture; toss gently. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate to chill.
The flavors of Southwest are a mixture of flavors from cool and creamy, hot and spicy, and a dash of sour tartness. A must have at any picnic.
Recipe Yield: Makes 8 side dish servings.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Calories from fat: 44
Fat: 14 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 7 grams
Sodium: 595 milligrams
Cholesterol: 13 milligrams
Protein: 8 grams
Carbohydrates: 0 grams