- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium Idaho potato, unpeeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) tomato wedges, undrained
- 3/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute onion, potato, sweet potato, bell pepper, and garlic in oil in large saucepan 5 minutes; stir in flour and cook 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Add remaining ingredients, except salt and pepper, to saucepan; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 Servings (about 1-1/3 cups each)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5.5 grams
Sodium: 493 milligrams
Protein: 7.7 grams
Carbohydrates: 39 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Vegetable, 2 Bread/Starch, 1 Fat
Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes For People With Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Delicious Recipes For People With Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.