- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium Idaho potato, unpeeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) tomato wedges, undrained
- 3/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute onion, potato, sweet potato, bell pepper, and garlic in oil in large saucepan 5 minutes; stir in flour and cook 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Add remaining ingredients, except salt and pepper, to saucepan; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 Servings (about 1-1/3 cups each)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5.5 grams
Sodium: 493 milligrams
Protein: 7.7 grams
Carbohydrates: 39 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Vegetable, 2 Bread/Starch, 1 Fat
Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes For People With Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Delicious Recipes For People With Diabetes