- 3/4 cup mild or medium thick and chunky salsa
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dark brown chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place the salsa in a sieve over a large bowl. Tap the sieve occasionally to help the salsa drain until the chunky part remains in the sieve, about 3 to 4 minutes. Discard the liquid.
- In the bowl, mash the beans slightly with a fork.
- Add the chunky portion of the salsa, lemon juice, chili powder, and cumin. Stir until combined. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve at once or cover and refrigerate for several hours. Serve with baked corn chips. Leftover dip will keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 14 servings Serving size: 2 tablespoons
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 74 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Source: The Diabetes Snack, Munch, Nibble, Nosh Book
Book Title: The Diabetes Snack, Munch, Nibble, Nosh Book
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.