- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 celery stalks, sliced (1 cup)
- 2 small red apples, cored and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon broken walnuts (1/4 ounce)
- 1/2 pound smoked turkey breast cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Several romaine lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 2 slices whole-wheat bread
- Mix mayonnaise and lemon juice together in a medium bowl. Add salt and pepper.
- Toss celery, apples, walnuts, and turkey in the mayonnaise. Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Place lettuce leaves on 2 dinner plates and spoon salad onto leaves. Toast bread and serve with salad.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 2 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 10 grams
Sodium: 1427 milligrams
Cholesterol: 65 milligrams
Protein: 27 grams
Carbohydrates: 40 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Starch, 3 Very Lean Meat, 1-1/2 Fruit, 1-1/2 Fat
Source: Mix 'N Match Meals in Minutes for People with Diabetes
Book Title: Mix 'N Match Meals in Minutes for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.