- 4 medium whole Belgian endives (1 pound total)
- 1-1/2 cups Homemade Chicken Broth or canned reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the endives in half lengthwise.
- Combine the broth and honey in a non-stick skillet large enough to hold the endive in one layer. Bring the liquid to a boil. Add the endive, cut side down; reduce the heat. Cover and simmer until tender, about 5 minutes, basting often with the liquid in the skillet.
- Remove the endive. Simmer the broth to reduce to about 1/2 cup. Stir in the margarine and pepper. Serve the endive hot, topped with sauce.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 endive halves (4 servings)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Sodium: 73 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Sugars: 4 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat
Source: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine
Book Title: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.