- 8 large Idaho potatoes (about 4 pounds), well-scrubbed, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chopped broccoli (about 1 bunch)
- 2 cups (16 ounces) favorite ranch salad dressing
- 3 cups chopped fennel (about one large bulb), with core and tops removed
- 1 large red onion, quartered and very thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup diced green olives with pimento (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Leaf lettuce, for garnish
- Cherry tomatoes or sliced tomatoes, for garnish
- Fill large stockpot half full of water, add salt and bring to boiling over high heat. Add potatoes and bring back to boiling over high heat; reduce heat to medium and boil for three minutes.
- Add broccoli to potatoes and bring back to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium again, and cook until desired doneness (1-3 minutes). Potatoes and broccoli should both be firm. Drain well in colander.
- Transfer potatoes and broccoli to large mixing bowl, add ranch dressing and let cool. Stir in fennel, onions and olives, if using. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve on bed of leaf lettuce with ripe tomatoes as garnish.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 14 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 18 grams
Sodium: 480 milligrams
Cholesterol: 10 milligrams
Protein: 4 grams
Carbohydrates: 28 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.