- 8 ounces (about 3 cups) uncooked Dreamfields Rotini
- 12 ounces coarsely chopped cooked salmon (see note)
- 1 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 to 4 tablespoons snipped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Leaf lettuce (optional)
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again.
- In a medium bowl combine drained pasta, salmon, cucumber, red onion and mint.
- For vinaigrette, in a small bowl combine lemon juice, olive oil, honey, zest, if desired, salt, and pepper. Whisk together.
- Pour over pasta mixture. Toss gently to coat. Add tomatoes. Toss gently.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill up to 24 hours. Serve on top lettuce with fresh lemon, if desired.
Cooked smoked salmon or smoked turkey breast may be substituted for cooked salmon.
Recipe Yield: Makes 4 (2 cup) servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Calories from fat: 50
Fat: 11 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 6 grams
Sodium: 210 milligrams
Cholesterol: 54 milligrams
Protein: 29 grams
Carbohydrates: 0 grams