- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, cut in wedges
- 1/4 cup light tartar sauce (optional)
- Preheat the broiler. Prepare the broiler pan with nonstick pan spray.
- Roll the scallops lightly in bread crumbs; place on the prepared pan. Drizzle lemon juice and olive oil over the scallops.
- Broil about 2 minutes on each side. Serve immediately with lemon wedges, and light tartar sauce (if desired).
Serving size: 1/4 of scallops plus 1 tablespoon light tartar sauce, if desired.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 416 milligrams
Cholesterol: 30 milligrams
Protein: 15 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Sugars: 1 grams
1/2 Starch, 2 Very Lean Meat, 1/2 Fat
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes