- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, cut in wedges
- 1/4 cup light tartar sauce (optional)
- Preheat the broiler. Prepare the broiler pan with nonstick pan spray.
- Roll the scallops lightly in bread crumbs; place on the prepared pan. Drizzle lemon juice and olive oil over the scallops.
- Broil about 2 minutes on each side. Serve immediately with lemon wedges, and light tartar sauce (if desired).
Serving size: 1/4 of scallops plus 1 tablespoon light tartar sauce, if desired.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 416 milligrams
Cholesterol: 30 milligrams
Protein: 15 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Sugars: 1 grams
1/2 Starch, 2 Very Lean Meat, 1/2 Fat
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.