- 1 small pkg sugar-free vanilla pudding mix, regular, not instant
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup 2% milk
- 3 Tbsp 30% calorie-reduced margarine (such as Imperial)
- 2 cups carrots, peeled & shredded
- 1 (20 oz) can sliced peaches, drained & juice reserved
- 1 (8 oz) pkg Neufchatel (light) cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1/8 cup carrots, peeled & shredded
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp reserved peach juice
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/8tsp cinnamon
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
- Preheat oven to 350F. Combine flour, pudding mix, baking powder, salt, egg, milk and margarine. Mix at high speed of mixer for two minutes. Fold in carrots and pour into a 10-inch deep pie plate, which has been coated with a nonsitck vegetable spray. Top with well-drained peach slices.
- Combine cream cheese with sugar and 3 tablespoons of reserved peach juice. Beat at medium speed of mixer for 2 or 3 minutes, or until smooth and creamy. Fold in carrots. Spread on top of the peach slices in pie plate, to within one inch of edge.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the cream cheese mixture. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until sides and bottom are golden brown.
Recipe Yield: Prep Time: 25 Minutes - Cost: $``Servings: 8 - Difficulty Level: 2
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8 grams
Sodium: 344 milligrams
Cholesterol: 44 milligrams
Carbohydrates: 36 grams
1-1/2 Bread/Starch; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat
Source: Cinnamon Hearts
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.