- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 large onions, peeled and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 10 1/2-ounce can chicken broth
- 1 12 oz bottle imported stout or beer
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- In a bowl combine flour, salt and pepper. Coat pork cubes.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven; brown meat over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and garlic. Cook and stir 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Cover; medium-low heat for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until meat is very tender. Stir occasionally.
Hearty and flavorful, this stew’s flavor changes depending on what type of beer or stout you choose.
Recipe Yield: Makes 8 servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 9 grams
Saturated Fat: 3 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 653 milligrams
Cholesterol: 67 milligrams
Protein: 21 grams
Carbohydrates: 14 grams