- 14 oz. large stuffing mushrooms (approximately 16)
- 3/4 cup packed basil leaves
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock or water
- 1/4 cup 5% ricotta cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with vegetable pan spray.
- Wipe mushrooms clean and gently remove stems; reserve for another purpose. Put caps on baking sheet.
- Put basil, olive oil, pine nuts, Parmesan and garlic in food processor; process until finely chopped, scraping down sides of bowl once. Add stock through the feed tube and process until smooth. Add ricotta and process until mixed.
- Divide mixture evenly among mushroom caps. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until hot.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 Servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Sodium: 62 milligrams
Cholesterol: 4 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 4 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Vegetable, 1 Fat
Source: The Best Diabetes Cookbook
Book Title: The Best Diabetes Cookbook
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.