- 2 pounds mussels
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup finely diced onions
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 can (14 oz.) tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 1-1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano (or 1/4 teaspoon dried)
- Scrub mussels under cold water; pull off hairy beards. Discard any that do not close when tapped. Set aside.
- In large non-stick saucepan, heat oil; saute onions and garlic for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, wine, basil and oregano; cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add mussels; cover and cook until mussels fully open, 4 to 5 minutes. Discard any that do not open. Arrange mussels in bowls; pour sauce over top.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Sodium: 421 milligrams
Cholesterol: 15 milligrams
Protein: 8 grams
Carbohydrates: 12 grams
2 Vegetables, 1/2 Lean Meat, 1/2 Fat
Source: The Best Diabetes Cookbook
Book Title: The Best Diabetes Cookbook
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.