- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons Worchestershire sauce
- 1 cup unsweetened oven-toasted rice cereal, such as Rice Chex or Crispix
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened oven-toasted wheat cereal, such as Wheat Chex
- 1 cup (1 ounce, or about 90) thin pretzel sticks
- 1/2 cup (1 ounce, or about 32) reduced-fat tiny cheese crackers
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Melt the margarine in a shallow baking pan; stir in the salt and Worchestershire sauce.
- Add the cereals, pretzels, and crackers.
- Stir to coat the pieces with margarine.
- Bake 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Spread on paper towels to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
Recipe Yield: Yield: Makes 4 cups (8 servings)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 301 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 16 grams
Sugars: 1 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes