- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 10 ounces frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon crystalline fructose
- 1 tablespoon slivered blanched almonds
- In a mixing bowl, soften the gelatin in cold water and then place over hot water to dissolve. Stir in the raspberries, yogurt, and vanilla and chill.
- In the meantime, beat egg whites until frothy and add the fructose. beat again until peaks form, then fold into the raspberry mixture. Chill until set.
- Serve in parfait glasses, topped with slivered almonds.
Recipe Yield: Makes 4 Servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1.2 grams
Sodium: 78 milligrams
Cholesterol: 1 milligrams
Protein: 7 grams
Carbohydrates: 13 grams
1 Fruit, 1/2 Fat
Source: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine
Book Title: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine