- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 10 ounces frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon crystalline fructose
- 1 tablespoon slivered blanched almonds
- In a mixing bowl, soften the gelatin in cold water and then place over hot water to dissolve. Stir in the raspberries, yogurt, and vanilla and chill.
- In the meantime, beat egg whites until frothy and add the fructose. beat again until peaks form, then fold into the raspberry mixture. Chill until set.
- Serve in parfait glasses, topped with slivered almonds.
Recipe Yield: Makes 4 Servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1.2 grams
Sodium: 78 milligrams
Cholesterol: 1 milligrams
Protein: 7 grams
Carbohydrates: 13 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Fruit, 1/2 Fat
Source: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine
Book Title: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.