- 2 teaspoons olive or canola oil
- 4 (3 ounces) boneless, skinless chicken breast, halves, cut into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 2-1/2 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Lea & Perrins White Wine Worcestershire Sauce
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Reduce heat. Remove chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add broccoli and bell pepper to the same skillet; cover and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cornstarch, ginger, chicken broth, and Worcestershire sauce, and blend well. Return chicken to skillet. Add cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes, until bubbly and thickened.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 210 milligrams
Cholesterol: 68 milligrams
Protein: 29 grams
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
4 Lean Meat, 1 Fat
Source: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
Book Title: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.