- 2 teaspoons olive or canola oil
- 4 (3 ounces) boneless, skinless chicken breast, halves, cut into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 2-1/2 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Lea & Perrins White Wine Worcestershire Sauce
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Reduce heat. Remove chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add broccoli and bell pepper to the same skillet; cover and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cornstarch, ginger, chicken broth, and Worcestershire sauce, and blend well. Return chicken to skillet. Add cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes, until bubbly and thickened.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 210 milligrams
Cholesterol: 68 milligrams
Protein: 29 grams
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
4 Lean Meat, 1 Fat
Source: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
Book Title: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals