- 1 Tbsp olive or canola oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced (about 2-3 cloves)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp oregano, minced (or 1 tsp dried)
- 12 oz tuna steak, cut into 4 portions (3 oz each)
- 1/2 can (15-1/2 oz) low-sodium chickpeas (or garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1/2 bag (10 oz) leaf spinach, rinsed and dried
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 medium tomato, rinsed and cut into wedges
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat grill pan or oven broiler (with the rack 3 inches from heat source) on high temperature.
- Combine oil, garlic, lemon juice, and oregano, and brush over tuna steaks. Marinate for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all salad ingredients. (Salad can be made up to 2 hours in advance and refrigerated.)
- Grill or broil tuna on high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side until the flesh is opaque and separates easily with a fork (to a minimum internal temperature of 145F).
- Serve one tuna steak over 1 cup of mixed salad.
Tuna is a sturdy fish that is easy to grill or broil. If you can’t find beans labeled “low sodium,” compare the Nutrition Facts panels to find the beans with the lowest amount of sodium. Rinsing can help further reduce the sodium level.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings``Serving size: 1 tuna steak, 1 cup salad
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 10 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 5 grams
Sodium: 418 milligrams
Cholesterol: 42 milligrams
Protein: 31 grams
Carbohydrates: 15 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵
Source: Deliciously Healthy Dinners