- 2 cups fresh corn kernels(10 ears) OR 1 16-oz. can corn kernels, drained
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (ground red pepper)
- 1 (3-oz) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 cup milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In large bowl, beat together all ingredients. Pour into greased 6-cup baking dish, bake for 45-50 minutes, until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This cream corn pudding is a sturdy custard that makes a great mate to a grilled pork roast. It can be served warm or close to room temperature. Leftovers should be covered and refrigerated.
Recipe Yield: Serves 6.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Sodium: 350 milligrams
Protein: 4 grams
Carbohydrates: 4 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of the National Pork Board.