- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/3 cup sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/4 cups grated coconut
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place the egg whites and cream of tartar in a large bowl. Beat until stiff peaks form. Continue beating, adding the sugar substitute. Fold in the almond extract. Then fold in the grated coconut. Mixture will be stiff.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a nonstick cookie sheet. Bake 20 minutes.
- Remove macaroons to a wire rack to cool. Cookies will be 1" in diameter.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 35 (Serving = 1 piece)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3.23 grams
Sodium: 5 milligrams
Protein: .546 grams
Carbohydrates: 1 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Source: The Diabetic Dessert Cookbook
Book Title: The Diabetic Dessert Cookbook
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.