- 3/4 cup finely diced, seeded, unpeeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 pounds tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine 1/4 cup cucumber, 2 tablespoons basil, 2 tablespoons onion and 2 teaspoons oil in a small bowl.
- Working in batches, puree tomatoes, vinegar, salt, pepper and remaining cucumber, basil and onion in a food processor or blender. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Garnish with diced cucumber-onion mixture. Drizzle each serving with 1 teaspoon olive oil (optional).
Recipe Yield: Prep Time: 15 Minutes - Cost: $``Servings: 4 - Difficulty Level: 2
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8 grams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 19 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1-1/4 Starch, 1 Low-Fat Meat, 1 Fat
Source: Family Circle's "All-time Favorite Recipes"
Book Title: Family Circle's "All-time Favorite Recipes"