- 3-1/3 cups fresh or frozen (thawed and undrained) raspberries or blackberries
- 1-1/2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Sugar substitute equal to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 raspberries or blackberries
- 1/2 honeydew melon
- Place 2 cups of the berries and all of the orange juice and lemon juice in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Pour the mixture into a wire strainer and use the back of a spoon to push the mixture through the strainer and into a bowl. Discard the seeds. Stir the sugar substitute into the berry puree and set the sauce aside.
- Remove the seeds and rind from the melons. Cut each melon piece into 3 long wedges and then cut each wedge in half crosswise to make a total of 12 shorter wedges. Using a sharp knife, slice each melon wedge lengthwise toward the point without cutting completely to the end and open each wedge into fan shape.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the sauce on each of 6 dessert plates. Top the sauce on each plate with a cantaloupe and honeydew fan and garnish with some of the remaining fresh berries. Serve immediately.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 0.2 grams
Fiber: 3.3 grams
Sodium: 41 milligrams
Protein: 1.6 grams
Carbohydrates: 21 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Source: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan
Book Title: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.