- 3-1/3 cups fresh or frozen (thawed and undrained) raspberries or blackberries
- 1-1/2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Sugar substitute equal to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 raspberries or blackberries
- 1/2 honeydew melon
- Place 2 cups of the berries and all of the orange juice and lemon juice in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Pour the mixture into a wire strainer and use the back of a spoon to push the mixture through the strainer and into a bowl. Discard the seeds. Stir the sugar substitute into the berry puree and set the sauce aside.
- Remove the seeds and rind from the melons. Cut each melon piece into 3 long wedges and then cut each wedge in half crosswise to make a total of 12 shorter wedges. Using a sharp knife, slice each melon wedge lengthwise toward the point without cutting completely to the end and open each wedge into fan shape.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the sauce on each of 6 dessert plates. Top the sauce on each plate with a cantaloupe and honeydew fan and garnish with some of the remaining fresh berries. Serve immediately.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 0.2 grams
Fiber: 3.3 grams
Sodium: 41 milligrams
Protein: 1.6 grams
Carbohydrates: 21 grams
Source: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan
Book Title: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan