- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup sliced leeks
- 1 cup chopped red peppers
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 2-1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1-1/3 cups 2% evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon margarine or butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with vegetable spray.
- In non-stick skillet sprayed with vegetable spray, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic, leeks and red peppers and cook for 7 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally; set aside.
- Put 1 cup of corn in food processor with flour; puree. Add whole eggs, egg whites, evaporated milk and dill; process until smooth.
- In large bowl, combine sauteed vegetables, corn puree and remaining 1 cup corn. Pour into prepared dish. Combine bread crumbs and margarine until crumbly. Sprinkle over top of casserole and bake for 30 minutes or until set at center.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 Servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 110 milligrams
Cholesterol: 76 milligrams
Protein: 8 grams
Carbohydrates: 26 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Starch, 2 Vegetable, 1 Fat
Source: The Best Diabetes Cookbook
Book Title: The Best Diabetes Cookbook