- 2 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 new potatoes, peeled, diced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 6 fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh green peas or thawed frozen green peas
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 1-1/2 cups skim milk
- 1/4 teaspoon red (cayenne) pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a medium-size saucepan, place water, salt, pepper, potatoes and carrots; bring to a boil. Cover and cook 10 minutes. Add the remaining vegetables and cook 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, make a paste of the arrowroot and 3 tablespoons of the milk. Add remaining milk and stir into the vegetables. Add cayenne and simmer 5 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Garnish with parsley.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 4 (1-cup servings)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Sodium: 112 milligrams
Cholesterol: 2 milligrams
Protein: 6 grams
Carbohydrates: 18 grams
1/2 Milk, 2 Vegetable
Source: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine
Book Title: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.