- 2 cups (dry) Dreamfields Penne Rigate
- 1 cup red and/or yellow cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2/3 cup prepared hummus
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup black and/or green pitted Greek olives, cut in half
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Rinse in cold water and drain well.
- Gently toss remaining ingredients except pine nuts with pasta. Refrigerate, covered, to chill.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts before serving.
Hummus makes a very delicious and different pasta salad dressing. This recipe can serve as a filling lunch salad. If the mixture is dry, drizzle some additional olive oil to moisten. Add the pine nuts just before serving.
Recipe Yield: Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Calories from fat: 54
Fat: 22 grams
Saturated Fat: 4 grams
Fiber: 9 grams
Sodium: 1154 milligrams
Cholesterol: 8 milligrams
Protein: 14 grams
Carbohydrates: 0 grams