- 1/4 cup non-fat or low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon acceptable vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced carrots (2 large)
- 1-1/2 cups fresh green beans, trimmed, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1-1/4 cups fresh medium mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 2 medium tomatoes, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions (green part only)
- For dressing, whisk together all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Steam carrots and green beans for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender-crisp.
- Remove from heat and plunge into bowl of ice water to stop cooking.
- Drain, pat dry with paper towels, and put in a shallow glass bowl.
- Add mushrooms, tomatoes, and green onions.
- Pour dressing over all and toss gently.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Recipe Yield: Prep Time: 15 Minutes - Cost: $``Servings: 8 - Difficulty Level: 2
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1 grams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 8 grams
Source: The New American Heart Association Cookbook
Book Title: The New American Heart Association Cookbook
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.