- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 large onions, about 1 pound thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tb dry English mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogart
- 1/8 tsp sugar
- Grated lemon zest of garnish
- 3 cups beef stock
- Thin cucumber slices for garnish
- 2 large russet potatoes
- In a large, nonstick, covered skillet that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray, cook onions and garlic over low heat until onions are soft, about 15 minutes.
- Uncover, stir in sugar, and continue to cook, stirring often, until onions begin to brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring stock to a boil. Add potatoes, reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, about 15 minutes. Add onions.
- Add wine to skillet; stir to lossen any browned bits. Transfer wine mixture to potato mixture. Return to a simmer.
- Cook for another 5 to 10 minutes, until potatoes begin to fall apart and soup thickens. Stir in curry powder and dry mustard.
- Remove soup from stove; stir in yogurt. Return soup to stove; heat through. Do not allow to boil.
- Ladle into hot soup plates; with grated lemon zest and cucumber slices as garnish.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 8
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1 grams
Sodium: 45 milligrams
Cholesterol: 41 milligrams
Protein: 4 grams
Carbohydrates: 30 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Source: Joslin Diabetes Gourmet Cookbook
Book Title: Joslin Diabetes Gourmet Cookbook
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.