- 1 can (15 ounces) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 red chili, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Equal Spoonful or Granulated*
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, divided
* May substitute 1-1/2 packets Equal sweetener
- Place kidney beans, avocado, lemon juice, tomato paste, chili, garlic and Equal in food processor; cover.
- Process until well blended. Stir in green onion and 3 tablespoons parsley.
- Sprinkle with remaining parsley.
Cross between guacamole and pureed beans, with a spicy flavor provided by chilies, garlic and onion.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 14 servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 3 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
1/2 vegetable, 1/2 starch
Recipe and image appear courtesy of Equal.