- 2-1/4 cups whole grain or wheat pastry flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 2/3 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup Splenda Sugar Blend
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, flaxseed, and salt. Whisk to mix. Add berries and stir to coat.
- In another bowl, combine milk, eggs, Splenda Sugar Blend, oil, and almond extract. With a fork, beat until smooth.
- Pour egg mixture into berry mixture and gently mix with a fork to moisten the dry ingredients. Donâ€™t overmix (a few lumps in the batter are normal). Dollop 1/3 cup of batter into each of the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 to 24 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes on a rack before serving.
Fresh berries, nutty whole grains, and chewy flaxseeds combine for a delicious, lightly-sweetened muffin with a delightful texture.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 12 servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 9 grams
Saturated Fat: 1 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Sodium: 280 milligrams
Cholesterol: 35 milligrams
Protein: 5 grams
Carbohydrates: 23 grams
Sugars: 8 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of Splenda.