- 6 chicken breast halves, skinned
- 6 ounces dried apricots, cut in half
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon light margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 bay leaf, broken
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- In small bowl, place apricots and raisins. Add orange juice and let sit 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In small dish, place margarine. Add onion, garlic, curry powder, cinnamon, chili powder, salt, ginger and bay leaf; stir to mix well.
- In greased 2-quart shallow baking dish, arrange chicken in single layer. Spread spice mixture evenly over chicken. With slotted spoon, remove apricots and raisins from orange juice and arrange in dish with chicken. To orange juice, add skim milk; pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake in 350F. oven about 1 hour, removing cover after 45 minutes and cooking uncovered for final 15 minutes.
- If desired, garnish with red cherries and serve with rice.
Recipe Yield: Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Saturated Fat: 1 grams
Sodium: 300 miligrams
Cholesterol: 64 miligrams
Protein: 21 grams
Carbohydrates: 26 grams
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.