- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon minced, peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 12 pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In blender or in food processor with knife blade attached, process green onions, jalapeno, ginger, vinegar, Worcestershire, 2 teaspoons oil, allspice, thyme, and 1/2 teaspoon salt until paste forms.
- Place chicken in small bowl or in ziptight plastic bag and add green-onion mixture, turning to coat chicken. Cover bowl or seal bag and refrigerate chicken 1 hour to marinate.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, toss red and green peppers with remaining 1 teaspoon oil and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Place kabobs on rack in broiling pan. Brush kabobs with any remaining marinade.
- Place pan in broiler at closest position to heat source. Broil kabobs 5 minutes; turn and broil until chicken loses its pink color throughout, about 5 minutes longer.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Sodium: 525 milligrams
Cholesterol: 66 milligrams
Protein: 27 grams
Carbohydrates: 6 grams
3 Lean Meat, 1/2 Bread/Starch
Source: The All New Good Housekeeping Cookbook
Book Title: The All New Good Housekeeping Cookbook
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.