- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon minced, peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 12 pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In blender or in food processor with knife blade attached, process green onions, jalapeno, ginger, vinegar, Worcestershire, 2 teaspoons oil, allspice, thyme, and 1/2 teaspoon salt until paste forms.
- Place chicken in small bowl or in ziptight plastic bag and add green-onion mixture, turning to coat chicken. Cover bowl or seal bag and refrigerate chicken 1 hour to marinate.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, toss red and green peppers with remaining 1 teaspoon oil and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Place kabobs on rack in broiling pan. Brush kabobs with any remaining marinade.
- Place pan in broiler at closest position to heat source. Broil kabobs 5 minutes; turn and broil until chicken loses its pink color throughout, about 5 minutes longer.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Sodium: 525 milligrams
Cholesterol: 66 milligrams
Protein: 27 grams
Carbohydrates: 6 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
3 Lean Meat, 1/2 Bread/Starch
Source: The All New Good Housekeeping Cookbook
Book Title: The All New Good Housekeeping Cookbook