- 5 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp. reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 5 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tsp. canned chipotle chilies, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into thin
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 12 oz. jicama, peeled, cut into thin strips
- 1/3 cup (packed) fresh cilantro leaves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Puree first 5 ingredients in a blender or food processor until dressing is smooth.
- Place peppers, jicama and cilantro in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to mix and coat well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate until the vegetables soften a little but remain crunchy. (About 4 hours.)
- Serve at room temperature.
Recipe Yield: Makes 10 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: under 1 grams
Sodium: 42 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Recipe and image appear courtesy of American Institute for Cancer Research.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.