- 5 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp. reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 5 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tsp. canned chipotle chilies, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into thin
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 12 oz. jicama, peeled, cut into thin strips
- 1/3 cup (packed) fresh cilantro leaves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Puree first 5 ingredients in a blender or food processor until dressing is smooth.
- Place peppers, jicama and cilantro in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to mix and coat well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate until the vegetables soften a little but remain crunchy. (About 4 hours.)
- Serve at room temperature.
Recipe Yield: Makes 10 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: under 1 grams
Sodium: 42 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Recipe and image appear courtesy of American Institute for Cancer Research.