- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 6 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium fat-free chicken, or vegetable, broth
- 1-1/2 cups crumb-type seasoned stuffing mix
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound lean white fish fillets
- 1/4 tsp dried basil leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- Combine onion, garlic, mushrooms, and chicken broth in large skillet; cook over medium heat, covered, until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in stuffing mix and Parmesan cheese; spoon stuffing into large baking dish.
- Sprinkle fish with basil, salt, and pepper; arrange on top of stuffing in dish, overlapping slightly, if necessary. Pour wine over fish. Cover tightly with aluminum foil, and bake at 375 degrees F until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 25 minutes.
Fish fillets are cooked on a bed of mushroom-bread stuffing in this dish. Just add a salad or vegetable, and dinner is served.
Recipe Yield: Serves: 4
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3.5 grams
Sodium: 584 milligrams
Cholesterol: 63.1 milligrams
Protein: 27.5 grams
Carbohydrates: 22 grams
1-1/2 Bread/Starch, 3 Meat
Source: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.