- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 6 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium fat-free chicken, or vegetable, broth
- 1-1/2 cups crumb-type seasoned stuffing mix
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound lean white fish fillets
- 1/4 tsp dried basil leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- Combine onion, garlic, mushrooms, and chicken broth in large skillet; cook over medium heat, covered, until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in stuffing mix and Parmesan cheese; spoon stuffing into large baking dish.
- Sprinkle fish with basil, salt, and pepper; arrange on top of stuffing in dish, overlapping slightly, if necessary. Pour wine over fish. Cover tightly with aluminum foil, and bake at 375 degrees F until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 25 minutes.
Fish fillets are cooked on a bed of mushroom-bread stuffing in this dish. Just add a salad or vegetable, and dinner is served.
Recipe Yield: Serves: 4
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3.5 grams
Sodium: 584 milligrams
Cholesterol: 63.1 milligrams
Protein: 27.5 grams
Carbohydrates: 22 grams
1-1/2 Bread/Starch, 3 Meat
Source: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes