- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup red bell pepper strips**
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 16 fresh pea pods, cut in half crosswise
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Equal® Spoonful or Granulated*
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
* May substitute 3 packets Equal sweetener
** See VARIATION for quick and easy preparation method
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir fry chicken until no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in skillet. Add red peppers, mushrooms, pea pods, water chestnuts, green onion, ginger and garlic. Stir fry mixture 3 to 4 minutes until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Meanwhile, combine chicken broth, Equal@reg;, soy sauce, cornstarch and sesame oil until smooth. Stir into skillet mixture. Cook over medium heat until thick and clear. Stir in chicken; heat through. Season with salt and pepper to taste, if desired, and serve.
An easy to prepare chicken skillet dish that gives you the option of using fresh or frozen vegetables. It’s flavored with a ginger-soy sauce and can be served over brown rice.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 11 grams
Sodium: 411 milligrams
Cholesterol: 66 milligrams
Protein: 29 grams
Carbohydrates: 11 grams
4 lean meat, 2 vegetable
Source: Equal ®
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.