- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 cups frozen baby lima beans
- 2 cups fresh, or frozen, whole-kernel corn
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half or fat-free milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute onion in margarine in medium saucepan until tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in lima beans, corn, broth, and half-and-half; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 69 milligrams
Protein: 7 grams
Carbohydrates: 27 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1-1/2 Bread/Starch, 1/2 Fat
Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.