- 1 cup peeled, chopped fresh ripe peaches
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mace
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, or 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup canola or corn oil
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick pan spray or line the muffin cups with paper liners.
- Combine the peaches and lemon juice in a small bowl. Stir to mix; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, mace, and salt; mix thoroughly.
- Beat the egg, oil, and milk together in a small bowl. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until the flour is moistened.
- Fold in the peaches. Divide batter among the muffin cups; each will be about 2/3 cull.
- Bake about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the pan immediately to avoid sticking.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 12 muffins
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Sodium: 156 milligrams
Cholesterol: 18 milligrams
Protein: 4 grams
Carbohydrates: 23 grams
1-1/2 Starch, 1 Fat
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.